LEAP Careers - Current Preschool Job Openings
The LEAP School is Hiring!
Current Preschool Job Openings:
Toddler & Preschool Teachers - Lexington & Sudbury LEAP School locations
Are you looking for a local preschool teaching job? The LEAP School seeks enthusiastic, dedicated, loving & caring Full-Time Toddler & Preschool Teachers to join our teaching teams in LEXINGTON and SUDBURY, MA. Positions available for the 2022-2023 school year. Flexible start date.
The Language Enrichment Arts Program (LEAP), founded in 1985, is a non-denominational private preschool. LEAP is a community that supports and values its teachers. Our emphasis on small class size enables teachers to build thoughtful, caring relationships with children. Our model of teacher support and mentoring encourages growth and facilitates a rewarding teaching experience.
LEAP promotes a true team approach and teachers are given the freedom, guidance, and feedback to create an exciting, creative, and fun curriculum. At LEAP you will find beautiful facilities, gorgeous outside play spaces, and extensive creative arts and play materials. We take the safety of children and staff seriously and have instituted policies to protect our community during COVID. We are proud to have a record of high teacher retention. If you’re a person who loves children and being part of a true team, The LEAP School invites you to explore this teaching opportunity at our schools in Lexington, Bedford, or Sudbury, Massachusetts.
Please see the Homepage of our website for a virtual tour of our schools!
“Happy Teachers Make Happy Children”
Over the past 30 years we’ve often been asked what makes The LEAP School so special. Our first and most fervent response is the staff. In assessing early childhood programs, the caliber of the teaching staff is the most critical element. Are the teachers happy to be there? Are there opportunities for professional development? What type of support do teachers receive? Is the structure of the program designed to facilitate best teaching practices? By paying careful attention to these prompts, we provide the foundation for a high quality and nurturing experience for children.
Specifically, at The LEAP School we have instituted the following measures to promote a positive environment for teachers:
- Small Class Size – Our largest groups have 10 children. Teachers really get to spend time with their students individually. The more intimate groups also lead to a calmer atmosphere overall and the goals setting can be more adaptive to specific children.
- Teacher Creativity and Input Encouraged – We hire teachers who are fully capable of developing curriculum for the needs of their children instead of purchasing a curriculum that every classroom follows. Each teacher’s creativity, passions, and professional judgement are welcomed. In turn, the children experience learning from a teacher who feels authentically inspired by what they are offering.
- Paid Planning Time and Staff Meetings – These times are scheduled within the work week, so teachers don’t have to work into the evenings. Having these opportunities during the regular work week also inspires more collaboration as we are often working on our tasks side by side.
- Ample Support – We hire sufficient staff to create a support system built into the regular schedule. Teachers know when they will have a second pair of hands available to address needs.
- Ongoing Training – We schedule professional development days for the staff to stay current in the field. Additionally, each teacher meets regularly for individual supervisions with their Program Director as well as in team meetings with our Curriculum Director. Our teachers know that there is a full team supporting them whenever challenges occur.
- Excellent Benefits – We take care of our teachers. Once teachers are part of our team, we work hard to give them all the support they need. This includes ample time off for recharging and the security that comes with a strong health plan and 401K option.
The thoughtfulness that has gone into our staff development has resulted in a record of longevity on the team that far surpasses industry standards. This consistency is another measure that indicates quality care for children. Ultimately, a program that respects their teachers and supports their growth and development will ensure a high-quality experience for children.
Ready for a rewarding career in teaching? Apply today!
To apply for a position at The LEAP School, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
You are also welcome to apply on Indeed.com & Schoolspring.com
The teachers are highly qualified and go through a rigorous screening before they are selected to work with our children. They are able to teach to a curriculum that prepares your children for entering kindergarten, but, even more important to us, they use every moment in the classroom as a “teaching moment” to help children sort out conflicts, learn how to be friends and share, and how to negotiate with each other.