The LEAP School is Hiring!
Current Job Openings:
Are you looking for a local teaching job? The LEAP School seeks enthusiastic, dedicated, loving & caring Full-Time and Part-Time Toddler or Preschool Teachers to join our teaching teams in LEXINGTON, BEDFORD, & SUDBURY, MA. Positions available now, July, and September 2021.
The Language Enrichment Arts Program (LEAP), founded in 1985, is a non-denominational private preschool. LEAP is a community that supports and values its teachers. Our emphasis on small class size enables teachers to build thoughtful, caring relationships with children. Our model of teacher support and mentoring encourages growth and facilitates a rewarding teaching experience.
LEAP promotes a true team approach and teachers are given the freedom, guidance, and feedback to create an exciting, creative and fun curriculum. At LEAP you will find beautiful facilities, gorgeous outside play spaces, and extensive creative arts and play materials. We take the safety of children and staff seriously and have instituted policies to protect our community during COVID. We are proud to have a record of high teacher retention. If you’re a person who loves children and being part of a true team, the LEAP School invites you to explore this teaching opportunity at our schools in Lexington, Bedford, or Sudbury, Massachusetts.
Please see the Homepage of our website for a virtual tour of our schools!
- Commitment to caring for the needs of young children
- Flexibility and desire to collaborate with team
- Classroom management skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of child development
- Ability to develop and present curriculum
- Experience teaching early childhood in a supervised setting
- EEC certification
- Sense of humor and a desire to continue learning!
The specific details of this position will vary according to the current needs of the program:
- Plan and prepare curriculum
- Develop caring and supportive relationships with all children and their families
- Support other team members
- Ensure the safety of all children
- Communicate daily with Co-Teachers and the Director
- Monitor children’s progress
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Participate in supervision and team meetings
- Follow the LEAP philosophy
- Care for environment
In addition to the benefits listed we also offer:
- Excellent vacation time (5+weeks)
- Weekly supervision and extensive on-going training and support
- Training program for newly hired teachers
- First Aid/CPR Training yearly
- iPads provided to teachers for classroom use
- Curriculum budget for classroom supplies
- Opportunity for Growth
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
To apply for a position at The LEAP School, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are also welcome to apply on Indeed.com or Schoolspring.com
The teachers are highly qualified and go through a rigorous screening before they are selected to work with our children. They are able to teach to a curriculum that prepares your children for entering kindergarten, but, even more important to us, they use every moment in the classroom as a “teaching moment” to help children sort out conflicts, learn how to be friends and share, and how to negotiate with each other.